Host a Student!
Hosting an ATAD student is a great opportunity to add dimension and understanding to your family. Hosting an ATAD student often feels like adopting a new member to your family. More than just being a tourist, exchange students often become deeply embedded and involved with their Rochester families. Hosting a student is a richly rewarding experience for everyone involved!
We are happy to answer questions about our programs and our prospective students. Please contact us through our “Contact” page for information.
Common Hosting Questions
Top 10 Reasons to Host a Student
- It’s a fun way to learn more about the world without leaving home! Children who have international siblings develop a better knowledge of the globe and understanding about the world!
- ATAD students are carefully matched with host families, and excellent support is provided for the International student, family and school by experienced Program Liaisons, all of whom are volunteers.
- Incoming students are highly motivated teens who are eager to learn about family life in the US.
- Having an International student in your home promotes understanding of other cultures through personal relationships.
- It is a great way to help foster the spirit of the “Sister Cities” program within our world.
- Having someone live in your home gives your child first-hand experience with what it is like to adjust to another culture. Maybe your child will want to visit as an exchange student in the future.
- Host families often learn a lot about our community, since they often visit museums, galleries, festivals, parades and other special events with their student.
- A terrific opportunity for learning about other parts of the world through the eyes of your visiting student!
- Getting to meet and develop friendships with other families who are hosting international students in the community.
- You are likely to have gained a lifetime family member by the end of your student’s visit!