Rochester Students Abroad George Morgan
Be a Rochester Student Abroad
ATAD coordinates exchange opportunities FROM Rochester TO our sister cities. Whether you choose to go for an academic year, a semester, or a summer program, you will gain lifetime memories as a visiting student overseas.
As an exchange student, you will
Live with a welcoming, pre-approved family
Attend school in your new community
Make new friends in your chosen exchange city
Experience life as a foreign student in an amazing place
Gain lifetime memories, friends and amazing cultural experiences
Any ATAD program costs $3,100. The largest component of this fee is your round-trip airline fare from Rochester. Financial aid may be available to cover some program cost. Host families provide housing and food.
ATAD‘s $3,100 program fee doesn’t cover variable expenses such as:
• personal expenses (phone calls, postage, recreation, clothing, etc.)
• medical expenses (insurance, medical, optical and dental expenses not covered by insurance, inoculations, etc.)
• passport and visa
• school expenses required by school (transportation, uniforms, books, laboratory fees, etc.) A student will not be placed in a school that requires payment of tuition.
• NOTE: If a student is dismissed from any program, voluntarily or involuntarily, ATAD is not responsible for any additional charges, transportation or other fees for a student to return home.
TWO high school credits in Spanish for Arequipa (Peru)*, Iquitos (Peru)* and Majorca (Spain)* TWO high school credits in French for Rennes (France)* and Bamako (Mali)* TWO high school credits of Italian or Spanish for Caltanissetta (Italy)*
German proficiency for Würzburg (Germany), German language not required to apply, but mustbgain some level of familiarity with German prior to departure.
* An interview will be conducted to assess language proficiency.
Summer programs – between 15 1/2 and 18 1/2 at the time of departure. Semester programs – between 16 and 18 1/2 at the time of departure. Academic Year programs – between 16 and 18 1/2 at the time of departure.
Summer programs – between 9th and 12th grade by date of departure. Semester programs – between 10th and 12th grade by date of departure. Academic Year Programs – between 10th and 12th grade by date of departure.